Thanks to the wonderful Rachel of Real Talk With Rachel, I’ve been nominated me for a Liebster Award! And her awesomely thorough post was great for explaining the Liebster to me, since I had never heard of it before. It’s essentially a chain letter award, and it focuses on new/underappreciated bloggers.
– Official Rules –
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you:
1. Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2. Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
3. Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
4. Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
5. Nominate 5 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1,000 followers. (there seems to be a lot of debate about the actual number of followers needed, but I just went ahead and chose 1,000 for my limit)
6. Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
7. List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
8. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)
9. You cannot nominate the person who nominated you
11 Randoms about myself:
1. I only have to shave my legs once a week. Be jealous 🙂
2. Despite having a pretty extensive nail polish collection (well over a hundred bottles now!), I don’t paint my nails very often. Once a week is about as often as it gets.
3. I’m allergic to lima beans and certain kinds of pears.
4. Without my contacts in, I’m almost legally blind.
5. I can’t braid hair!! I’m pretty hopeless when it comes to hair in general, but something about not being able to braid makes me a little sad. I have been practicing, but it feels like I’ve been practicing for years and not getting anywhere.
6. Currently have an obsession with Japanese candies.
7. I have never had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich before. Like ever.
8. I love letterpress printing, and hope to someday have my own press shop and maybe even a line of stationery.
9. Fluent in Mandarin Chinese!
10. I collect pretty packaging and interesting brand tags. I have empty cartons and boxes from things I bought over 10 years ago!
11. My 2010 car doesn’t have automatic doors. I asked for the most basic model, but I wasn’t even aware that they still made cars that could only be opened manually with the key. On the bright side, I saved like $2,000 (hey, that’s a lot for a struggling college student!)
11 Questions from Rachel:
1. Why did you first decide to start blogging?
I was getting a lot of subscription boxes and wanted a way to document what I received each month. Before I got the blog I was actually writing them all down in a notebook with a small blurb about my opinions of the products. I think I was also trying to decide which ones I could keep and which ones I should cancel, since I was spending a little more than I should.
2. Who is your favorite person in the world?
It’s going to be a tough call between my parents. Maybe my mom, a tiny smidge more? (Sorry dad!)
3. What is your dream vacation?
Bora Bora! Staying in one of those adorable overwater bungalows, of course.
4. If you could see any band ever, who would it be?
Hm…tough question. Probably The Beatles, both for the music and the cultural significance.
5. What is your number one Holy Grail item that everyone should know about?
Kiehl’s Facial Fuel Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men. Seriously, I use this stuff every day and it’s amazing!!! And yes, it’s the men’s moisturizer. I have no idea why it works so well for me.
6. What would the title of your memoir be?
I didn’t realize what I was getting into.
7. If you could guest star in any TV show, which one would you want to go on?
Game of Thrones, just so I would have spoilers beforehand!
8. Do you watch any YouTube beauty gurus, if so, any favorites?
I don’t follow any of them in particular, but Youtube is my go-to for tutorials and answers.
9. Surprise, you just won an unlimited shopping spree, where would you go (non-beauty!)?Anthropologie, no question about it.
10. Any teacher you will always remember, why?
My first typography professor, for sparking my interest in graphic design.
11. How do you feel about the ~power brow~?
Major props to those who can pull it off, but alas, I am not one of them.
My 11 Questions:
1. What accomplishment are you most proud of?
2. How/why did you pick the name of your blog?
3. What’s your favorite purchase of the year so far?
4. What’s the best thing you’ve ever bought for yourself, like ever?
5. What country are you dying to visit?
6. What silly makeup or fashion trend did you used to think was really cool, and cringe now whenever you think about it? (for me it was probably blue eyeshadow in middle school…)
7. What do you do to relax after a stressful day?
8. If you could only eat one type of cuisine for the rest of your life, what would it be?
9. What are some things you always carry with you?
10. If your 5 year old self could choose your current career, what would you be right now?
11. When do you start putting up your Christmas decorations? (oddly, in my neighborhood the general answer seems to be late October; it confuses me to no end.)
5 bloggers that I nominate: